This Month's Highlight!

11/10/2019

Baby's First Animation

Today has been full of learning, experimentation and animating.

Starting off with a simple dose of picture collage, we took a number of images from the internet to help inspire us with our Invisible Cities final piece. We created a few thumbnails using this technique to get a good grasp as to what we would like the images to look like. Here's the work I've done;


Here you can see the compilations I've created and the notes I've taken on the side throughout the lesson. I will be painting over these to make them appear more concise instead of the colourful mess that you may think it is at the moment.

For the afternoon, we were taught about timing and spacing within animation. Having missed the first session of the animation, I had a quick rundown of where everything was, and how to use the program. We used Adobe Animate (2019) for this.

Here is my workspace;


Once again, you can see my progress, my notes, and the program I used in its entirety. I found it quite easy to work with all of it, once I figured some things out. For example, holding down shift while moving things with the arrow keys makes it move quicker than simply holding down the buttons.

Yes I did realise that after almost finishing the animation, but at least it happened!

Here is the final animation;

Nothing spectacular, but I'm still very happy with the skills and knowledge I've gained today. From a spinning penguin to a pendulum that actually works. Progress!




[Disclaimer. The title is a play on the children's toy, "Baby's First Doll" by Fisher Price. I'm not calling myself a baby, even though my sleeping schedule would say otherwise.]

No comments:

Post a Comment